Dixie State University is a public comprehensive university dedicated to rigorous learning and the enrichment of the professional and personal lives of its students and community by providing opportunities that engage the unique Southern Utah environment and resources.
- Learning: Preparing knowledgeable and competent learners, through effective, active-learning practices in a student-centered environment.
- Engagement: Maintaining active involvement and positive collaboration with the Southern Utah region to strengthen cultural, economic, and civic life.
- Opportunity: Valuing inclusion, access, diversity, and equity.
- Student-centered success: providing an affordable education with experiences that develop the academic, professional, and personal lives of all students.
- Academic excellence: stimulating learning and critical thinking through rigor, student empowerment, and practical application.
- Equity and Inclusion: creating a community of diverse individuals, ideas, and beliefs; practicing open discourse and collaboration.
- Accountability: working with honesty, transparency, and respect for others while holding ourselves accountable for our actions.
- Service leadership: emphasizing civic, economic, and cultural engagement with the community.
- Creative and innovation: problem solving in learning, teaching, fostering new ways of thinking, and researching.
- Local and global resources: incorporating a variety of resources into the educational experience with a special emphasis on the unique local resources.