“This is a red-letter day for DSU. It is the first step toward a future that will provide the education and talent pool this area desperately needs.”
-DSU Dean of Business & Communication Kyle Wells on Jan. 26
- Student enrollment has increased by 72% in the past decade.
- 7.56% enrollment increase from 2016 to 2017.
- 32% increase in admitting students with a grade point average of 3.75 or higher.
- More than 2,200 individual mentor meetings took place with students in 2017-2018
- Growth from 25% to 50% in peer coaches, who assist incoming students’ transition to college and curb dropping out
- Increase in international partner universities from one to seven: four in Latin America, two in Japan, and one in Africa
- DSU Study Abroad offered 12 international programs involving 54 students, 18 faculty members, and one staff member
- The Dixie Applied Leadership Program was created to allow students hands-on, practical leadership experience and to unite leadership training efforts of DSU’s major campus leadership groups.
- DSU Concurrent Enrollment was granted $140,000 to offer math courses on high school campuses, adding more than 20 new sections